Pictured above: Justin Maguire – Sustainable Heat Solutions Manager at Bord na Mona and Annemarie Roddy – Business Development Manager at SDS Energy Group.
IrBEA’s 16th National Bioenergy Conference had a excellent turnout of 190 attendees Thursday 9th February. The highlights of the event (as detailed by IrBEA) include:
- Bioenergy conference calls for new stimulus to encourage new investment in the Bioenergy sector
- Fergal Leamy, CEO describes Coillte as on a path to becoming the best forestry and land solutions company in Europe
- Matthew Clancy, SEAI sees major opportunities and challenges for Ireland in achieving a low carbon economy
- Professor David Connolly from Aalborg University, says “We need all the bioenergy available to make the transition to a fossil fuel-free future. District Heating will be a key factor in this transition.”
- Representative from the legal sector, Garrett Monaghan (Arthur Cox) and Russell Smyth (KPMG) stressed the importance of planning, having experts on hand, and using funders as allies to help you get the job done.
For more information on the conference and for presentations slides and other photos here.